Concessionary Transport Passes
Due to new technology, all concessionary transport passes must be renewed by 31 December 2019.
This is achieved by renewing on line by Torfaen’s County Borough Councils’ Website or filling in an application form, obtainable from Torfaen County Council.
Please be aware individual owners will not be contacted by TCBC, it is up to the individual to undertake this task.
The application date starts on the 9th September 2019.
Further information can be obtain after the 9th September on TCBC website https://www.torfaen.gov.uk/…/Concessionary-Travel-Pass/Conc… or by calling the TCBC Customer Care number 01495 762200
Refuse Collection – Revised Bank Holiday
The revised collection dates are as follows:
|Normal day of collection||Day of collection *|
|Monday 26 August 2019||Tuesday 27 August 2019|
|Tuesday 27 August 2019||Wednesday 28 August 2019|
|Wednesday 28 August 2019||Thursday 29 August 2019|
|Thursday 29 August 2019||Friday 30 August 2019|
|Friday 30 August 2019||Saturday 31 August 2019|
* Please note that on these days collections crews will start their rounds from 6am. Residents are asked to have their waste and recycling at the kerbside or collection point ready for 6am.
WHAT ARE THE TORFAEN YOUTH LED GRANTS?
APPLY FOR UP TO £1000!
Small grants of up to £1,000 are available from TVA to enable projects to run that provide volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14-25 years.
The young people can be from an existing group or just young people coming together to run a project of their own choosing. The application must be written by a young person.
Past projects have included organising fundraising events to support local charities, local environmental schemes, and improving facilities for older people. Examples of future projects could be around mental health, young carers, the elderly, health & fitness, art, life skills etc.
A panel of young people from Torfaen will assess the applications.
- Be youth led.
- Have volunteering take place in Torfaen.
- Benefit the wider community and young people .
- Have an adult to take responsibility (18+).
- Be made up of at least 3 young people.
- Be legally constituted with a governing document that is signed and adopted; (the objectives of the project must fit with the constitution);
- Be independent of government and private sectors;
- Have a bank account, in the name of the organisation, which requires at least two signatures
- Evidence that the project will contribute to at least one of Welsh Government’s National Strategy, Prosperity for All.
The deadline for applications is 26th August 2019.
All projects must be completed and accounted for by March 31st 2020. Any funding not spent by this date must be repaid.
If you have any questions, contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01495 742420